Institute for Course (re)Design
The Institute for Course (re)Design is intended for full-time faculty who want to transform their courses, by either designing a new course or redesigning an existing course. The course can be delivered in any modality, traditional/face-to-face, online, or blended/hybrid. The Institute will span three days, in which you will be exposed to different course design models and teaching strategies. We will also provide you with information about how you might incorporate one or more of the high-impact educational practice (HIPs). For more information about CETL HIPs, click here. Additionally, during the three-day Institute, you will have intensive and dedicated ample time to work on the (re)design of your course.
Each participant will receive $1250 summer salary after completing the Institute and fulfilling the criteria.
Note: The $1250 summer salary counts toward your summer workload. In order to receive summer compensation, it is your responsibility as a faculty member to verify your summer salary and that by participating in this program you will not exceed your summer work limits.
Summer Salary will be awarded once the following criteria is completed:
- Participate each day of the face-to-face Institute at CETL - May 22, 23 & 24 2017 from 8:00-5:00
- Submission of a final reflection (prompts will be provided)
- Development and submission of artifacts (templates and prompts will be provided) due by end of the Institute to include but not limited to:
- A current and an updated course syllabus (with course goals and objectives),
- A semester-long course planning document (showing alignment between objectives and assessment/assignments),
- One assessment or assignment with corresponding rubric or grading criteria
- Full-time faculty who are under contract with Kennesaw State University during the academic year.
- Ability to attend and participate fully in the activities described in the criteria above.
Selection and Application Process
The selection committee will not consider late or incomplete applications for any reason.
- Selection is competitive. You will be notified by April 21, if your application has been accepted.
- Selection is based on eligibility and answers to the application questions.
- The complete application must be submitted electronically. (see below)
- If accepted to the Institute, a commitment to participate must be sent within a week of notification. If the commitment is not received in this timeframe, your spot will be awarded to the next qualified applicant