The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) involves scholarly inquiry into how students learn and how teaching affects student learning. CETL supports faculty members conducting SoTL research in the following ways:
* A SoTL Funding Committee comprised of faculty representatives from each of KSU's Colleges who select recipients for SoTL funding awards.
* A multi-day SoTL Retreat during Maymester for both novice and established SoTL scholars to work intensively and receive consultations on their SoTL projects.
* Faculty Learning Communities in which faculty investigate a particular teaching and learning issue for a full academic year.
* Teaching Conference Travel Funds to support faculty who are presenting their SoTL research or attending SoTL conferences.
* Directories of journals that publish SoTL research and conferences that focus on college/university teaching.
* The annual Research on Teaching and Learning Summit.
* A Research on Teaching and Learning Community that meets approximately every two weeks to discuss SoTL research and to collaborate on joint SoTL projects.
* Links to SoTL resources.
* Individual consultations with faculty (contact Tom Pusateri, CETL Associate Director for SoTL, to set up a consultation).
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Articles
There are currently no Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Articles.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning News
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Resources
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Events
There are currently no upcoming Scholarship of Teaching and Learning events. In the meantime take a look at some of the previous Scholarship of Teaching and Learning events.