The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) involves scholarly inquiry into how students learn and how teaching affects student learning. CETL supports faculty members conducting SoTL research in the following ways:
* A SoTL Faculty Learning Community of SoTL scholars who meet monthly to share progress reports on individual projects and support each other's research.
* A Research on Teaching and Learning Community that meets approximately every two weeks to discuss SoTL research and to collaborate on joint SoTL projects.
* A multi-day SoTL Retreat during Maymester for both novice and established SoTL scholars to work intensively and receive consultations on their SoTL projects.
* Teaching Conference Travel Funds to support faculty who are presenting their SoTL research or attending SoTL conferences.
* Directories of journals that publish SoTL research and conferences that focus on college/university teaching.
* Two annual SoTL conferences: The Research on Teaching and Learning Summit and the Southeastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology.
* Links to SoTL resources.
* A SoTL Funding Committee comprised of faculty representatives from each of KSU's Colleges who select recipients for SoTL funding awards.
* Individual consultations with faculty (contact Tom Pusateri, CETL Associate Director for SoTL, to set up a consultation).
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Articles
There are currently no Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Articles.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning News
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Resources
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Events
There are currently no upcoming Scholarship of Teaching and Learning events. In the meantime take a look at some of the previous Scholarship of Teaching and Learning events.