The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) involves scholarly inquiry into how students learn and how teaching affects student learning. CETL supports faculty members conducting SoTL research in the following ways:
* A SoTL Funding Committee comprised of faculty representatives from each of KSU's Colleges who select recipients for SoTL funding awards.
* A multi-day SoTL Retreat during Maymester for both novice and established SoTL scholars to work intensively and receive consultations on their SoTL projects.
* Faculty Learning Communities in which faculty investigate a particular teaching and learning issue for a full academic year.
* Teaching Conference Travel Funds to support faculty who are presenting their SoTL research or attending SoTL conferences.
* Directories of journals that publish SoTL research and conferences that focus on college/university teaching.
* The annual Research on Teaching and Learning Summit.
* An informal SoTL Writing Group that meets twice monthly, once on each campus, to work on individual and collaborative SoTL projects.
* Links to SoTL resources.
* Individual consultations with faculty (contact Hillary Steiner, CETL Interim Associate Director for SoTL, to set up a consultation).