The SoTL Funding Committee reviews proposals and makes recommendations for recipients of the following SoTL-related CETL funding programs:
- Faculty Learning Communities
- SoTL Faculty Learning Community
- Quick Starters Faculty Learning Community
- Annual Country Study Faculty Learning Community
- HIP 7 Faculty Learning Community
- SoTL Retreat, and
- Teaching Conference Travel Funds.
Description of the Committee
The SoTL Funding Committee has one member per College elected from the full-time teaching faculty in the respective College and the CETL Associate Director for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Terms are for three (3) years commencing at the beginning of the academic year and may be renewed. Terms are staggered so that in any given year there are normally no more than four new members.
Any member of the Committee who wishes to submit a funding proposal to the Committee will not participate in any Committee activities that involve the consideration of that funding program.
Time commitment: Meetings are held at least once during Fall semester and twice during Spring semester. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
Eligibility: Any full-time teaching faculty with SoTL experience is eligible. Said experience doesn’t have to be through one of the CETL programs, but it needs to be there. When elections are run, candidates who self nominate will have to write a brief statement outlining their SoTL experience. These statements will be posted on the CETL website. Faculty will be installed on the committee only after providing their statements.
Current Members of the SoTL Funding Committee, College (Last Fiscal Year of Term)
- Bagwell College of Education: Megan Adams (FY17)
- Coles College of Business: Jennifer Hutchins (FY18)
- College of Architecture and Construction Management: Ameen Farooq (FY19)
- College of Computing and Software Engineering: Allan Fowler (FY17)
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Paul Story (FY19)
- College of Science and Mathematics: Nicolae Pascu (FY18)
- College of the Arts: Sam Robinson (FY17)
- Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology: Lori Lowder (FY18)
- University College: Hillary Steiner (FY19)
- WellStar College of Health and Human Services: Katherine H. Ingram (FY18)
- CETL Associate Director for SoTL: Tom Pusateri (ex-officio, voting)
Minutes from SoTL Funding Committee Meetings
February 13, 2017 (not yet approved)