The Symposium of Student Scholars is an event to showcase student scholarship conducted at KSU during the past year. In past years, we have had a wonderful diversity in the projects presented, including readings of new works by budding authors, performance of new compositions by the musically inclined, explanations of curricular innovations by prospective educators, innovative business models by future entrepreneurs, urban landscape analysis by potential geographers, and scientific research papers.
Undergraduate Research/Creative Activity Reception:
Thursday April 25, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The first event is the Undergraduate Research/Creative Activity Reception.
- The President of KSU, Dr. Papp, and the Provost, Dr. Harmon, will be honoring all students and faculty who have engaged in undergraduate research and creative activity during the current academic year with a Certificate of Recognition.
- The event is catered, and faculty, staff, students, and their families and friends are welcome to attend.
- There is no cost to attend the Reception and Symposium of Student Scholars.
Symposium of Student Scholars:
Thursday April 25, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- The second event is the Symposium of Student Scholars.
- During the Symposium, students present their research or creative activity (oral presentation, poster presentation, performance, artwork, etc.).
- Oral presentatons are 15 minutes each.
- ALL undergraduate research/creative activity is welcome to be presented at the Symposium, even if the work has been presented in another venue (e.g., another conference).
Deadline for Submissions:
Monday April 1, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
- There is one form for both the Reception and the Symposium of Student Scholars:
- Forms should be submitted no later than Monday April 1, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. to be included in the program.
- This form should be completed by the faculty mentor, not the undergraduate researcher.
- A separate form should be used for each project (for example, a faculty member who supervised three projects over the 2012-2013 academic year would complete the form three times).
- All projects submitted will be recognized at the Reception, and those students who choose to also present at the Symposium will additionally have their Abstracts printed in the booklet.
- We encourage ALL students who have engaged in Undergraduate Research/Creative Activity during the past year to present their work at the Symposium; this is a chance for the university community to view the amazing work being done by undergraduates at Kennesaw State University.
- Please complete this form even if you are unable to attend the ceremony; we would like this program to be a comprehensive list of all undergraduate research and creative activity conducted during the past year.