The Symposium of Student Scholars is an event to showcase student scholarship conducted at KSU during the past year. In past years, we have had a wonderful diversity in the projects presented, including readings of new works by budding authors, performance of new compositions by the musically inclined, explanations of curricular innovations by prospective educators, innovative business models by future entrepreneurs, urban landscape analysis by potential geographers, and scientific research papers.
Undergraduate Research/Creative Activity Reception:
Thursday April 17, 2014 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The first event is the Undergraduate Research/Creative Activity Reception.
- The President of KSU, Dr. Papp, and the Provost, Dr. Harmon, will be honoring all students and faculty who have engaged in undergraduate research and creative activity during the current academic year with a Certificate of Recognition.
- The event is catered, and faculty, staff, students, and their families and friends are welcome to attend.
- There is no cost to attend the Reception and Symposium of Student Scholars.
Symposium of Student Scholars:
Thursday April 17, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
- The second event is the Symposium of Student Scholars.
- During the Symposium, students present their research or creative activity (oral presentation, poster presentation, performance, artwork, etc.).
- Oral presentatons are 15 minutes each.
- ALL undergraduate research/creative activity is welcome to be presented at the Symposium, even if the work has been presented in another venue (e.g., another conference).