Teaching Academy for Part-Time Faculty
If you are a KSU part-time instructor wishing to energize your teaching and to take it to the next level, this two-day program is for you! Held onMon. April 1 and Tue. April 2, this Teaching Academy will introduce you to research on student learning, information processing and skill development, and to teaching strategies tailored to foster deep lasting learning in your students. Rather than simply listening to presenters, the sessions will be very interactive, and there will be time during the two days dedicated to apply the theories and research to your own courses. Some of the topics discussed will include:
- Student's Prior Knowledge
- Information Processing and Knowledge Organization
- Student Motivation
- Practice and Feedback
- Student Development
- Course Climate
View the full 2-day agenda HERE.
Funding is competitive and applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- teaching philosophy
- motivation to attend
- foreseeable gains in the applicant's teaching practice.
All currently active part-time KSU faculty who have not previously attended. Must be able to attend both Mon. April 1 and Tue. April 2 from 8am to 5pm.
Selection and Application Process
Participants will be selected on the basis of their teaching philosophy, their motivation to attend, and the foreseeable gains in their teaching practice. A CETL committee will review the applications.
Electronic Proposal Submission Guidelines:
It will be the responsibility of the individual submitting the proposal to ascertain that the proposal materials are complete when submitted. The CETL funding committee will not consider late or incomplete applications.
1. Download the PT Teaching Academy payroll amendment form below. The form is already filled out with the necessary payment info. Fill in your name, department and obtain the necessary signatures from your chair and dean.
2. Fill out the required fields and text areas below.
3. Upload your completed payroll amendment form in the field below.
4. Click “Submit” and when you are ready to submit your application.
5. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt within 24 hours. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, you should immediately contact CETL in case there was an “electronic glitch.” It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the proposal was received by the deadline.