The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) is systematic inquiry into student learning and/or one’s own teaching practices in higher education which involves methodologically sound application of appropriate research methods, peer review, and distribution as scholarly work.
CETL supports faculty members conducting SoTL research in the following ways:
* (NEW!!) An online SoTL Scholars program that supports faculty as they complete a SoTL project over the course of one year.
* (NEW!!) A SoTL Listserv that updates the campus community on SoTL opportunities at KSU.
* A SoTL Funding Committee comprised of faculty representatives from each of KSU's Colleges who select recipients for SoTL funding awards.
* A multi-day SoTL Institute during Maymester for both novice and established SoTL scholars to work intensively and receive consultations on their SoTL projects. (Note: the 2020 SoTL Institute is reserved for SoTL Scholars program participants)
* Faculty Learning Communities in which faculty investigate a particular teaching and learning issue for a full academic year.
* Teaching Conference Travel Funds to support faculty who are presenting their SoTL research or attending SoTL conferences.
* Directories of journals that publish SoTL research and conferences that focus on college/university teaching.
* The annual Research on Teaching and Learning Summit.
* Links to SoTL resources.
* Individual consultations with faculty (contact Hillary Steiner, CETL Associate Director for SoTL, to set up a consultation).