**Note: The SoTL Funding Committee members now serve on the Faculty Development Committee, convened through the Faculty Senate. This committee continues to review proposals and make recommendations for the programs below, as well as other CETL-sponsored programs. More information about this committee will be coming soon.**
The SoTL Funding Committee reviews proposals and makes recommendations for recipients of the following SoTL-related CETL funding programs:
- Faculty Learning Communities
- SoTL Scholars Program
- Quick Starters Faculty Learning Community
- SoTL Institute, and
- Teaching Conference Travel Funds.
Description of the Committee
The SoTL Funding Committee has one member per College elected from the full-time teaching faculty in the respective College and the CETL Associate Director for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Terms are for three (3) years commencing at the beginning of the academic year and may be renewed. Terms are staggered so that in any given year there are normally no more than four new members.
Any member of the Committee who wishes to submit a funding proposal to the Committee will not participate in any Committee activities that involve the consideration of that funding program.
Time commitment: Meetings are held at least once during Fall semester and twice during Spring semester. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
Eligibility: Any full-time teaching faculty with SoTL experience, through CETL programming or elsewhere, is eligible.
Current Members of the SoTL Funding Committee, College (Last Fiscal Year of Term): Current representative
- Bagwell College of Education (FY20): Megan Adams
- Coles College of Business (FY21): Jennifer Hutchins
- College of Architecture and Construction Management (FY22): Ameen Farooq
- College of Computing and Software Engineering (FY20): Xiaohua Xu
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences (FY22): Jay Jung
- College of Science and Mathematics (FY21): Jennifer Louten
- College of the Arts (FY20): Diana Gregory
- Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology (FY21): Lori Lowder
- University College (FY21): Kate Schaab
- WellStar College of Health and Human Services (FY21): Jennifer Willett
- CETL Interim Associate Director for SoTL (ex-officio, voting): Hillary Steiner